O2 Banner

O2 Banner

Monday, March 11, 2013

Back on Track

Oh my goodness...things are *just* beginning to get back to normal around here!!!

I have been hit by the flu.

Scratch that.  More like ran over by the Flu Truck.



I have not been this sick in YEARS.

Like, load me up in the car and get me to the ER sick. 

IVs in the hands for fluids and meds sick.

Yes, I was down and out for five days.  Five whole days.

Five days where I was out of commission.

I tried to not let this impact my business.


However, it did.

I had to bow out of a party {thank goodness for an amazing local team member who could take it for me}.  I missed out on returning phone calls, emails and Facebook posts. 

I swear, there is someone who is interested in becoming a Designer who may think that I am a flake.  Thankfully, everyone has been super-understanding while I catch up!!!

I missed delivering an order to a good friend and co-worker.  I even got two checks in the mail while I was sick.  I was too darn sick to even open the envelope, much less get to the bank to deposit them.

I am back on track. 

I had an Open House at the home of a friend on Sunday.  It was the first time I had been out since Tuesday afternoon {not counting the trip to the ER on Thursday}.  Even driving felt weird, but I needed to be there.  The Open House not only allowed me to showcase Origami Owl's amazing products, but we raised funds for Cole's Crew.  I learned more about Cole from his mother, a woman that I met through my failed attempt to sell Thirty-One.  I can not imagine what this woman has been through...she is so strong and does so much for others.  This is a cause I truly believe in, and a cause I can get behind.

I am slowly catching up.  Tonight, I addressed {by hand} thirty invitations to a Jewelry Bar that is being held at the end of the month.  I have a couple of orders to put in, and some catalogs to mail out, tomorrow I have a couple of phone calls to return...and then I should be good.

I do not like being behind.  I feel that it makes me look irresponsible, but this was something that could.not.be.helped.

This is the nice thing about being my own boss with Origami Owl.  I can take the time off to take care of myself, and not worry about who I am reporting to!!!  Like I said, I am grateful that everyone has been understanding so far...BUT if there is someone who just doesn't "get" why I fell behind...I can take care of them.  I can make it up to them.  I can make it worth their wait. 

Origami Owl empowers their Independent Designers to implement their own promotions or Hostess Rewards.  Your business is as successful as YOU make it. 

If you are interested in learning more about becoming part of an amazing company with incredible benefits and an awesome boss {YOU}, please leave a comment with your email address.  I would love to share this opportunity with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment