O2 Banner

O2 Banner

Saturday, January 12, 2013

I Started Out Slow...

My little team is growing!!!  I am SO excited!!!

I joined Origami Owl in July of 2012. July 19th, to be exact.

I got a fabulous kit in the mail about a week later.


Photo Credit: Facebook  I do NOT claim these photos as my own.
According to the poster on Facebook, the $149 kit included: Four lockets (with Ball Station chains), two specialty chains, forty assorted charms, two plates (one large and one medium), one locket extender, six assorted Tagged items and two dangles.  Business Supplies included: price cards, Take Out Menus, business cards, invites, glass votives, tweezers, two charm cases (24 openings in each), muslin jewelry bags and four fortune cookies.

I opted for the $149 kit.  It fit best into our budget at the time.

 So, I got the kit in late July...and it sat.  I opened it, and I "oohed and aahed" at how pretty it was.  But it sat.  I didn't really know where to start.  {sidenote: my mentor is amazing...she helps me out with everything...I just felt a little scared to "jump in" at first...she helped me out along the way}

The kit sat.  I looked at it.  I thought about it.  I got busy doing other things.

A friend hosted an online Thirty-One party.  I ordered a few things, and didn't think much more about it.  Well, I get a lot of emails from Thirty-One (because I order from everyone's online parties) but one stuck out.  It was from the woman who helped my friend host her online party.  It was asking if I would be interested in joining a group of six women, each agreeing to host one party over the next six months, and in turn each women orders $50 worth of merchandise from each party.  I could do that.  I would also earn hostess rewards.

Well, sounded good...but it didn't pan out.  I was the only one interested in hosting a party.  So, I chatted back and forth with this Thirty-One rep.  Connected with her, as well.  She was hosting an open house at her place {in Texas} and was interested in hosting a catalog party.  This was in September.  About two months after I got my kit in the mail.  I sent her some catalogs, order forms and business cards.

And I waited.

The flood gates opened.  That first party kicked me into gear.  This stuff seriously. sells. itself.  It was the push in the right direction I needed to start booking events and parties.  Pretty soon, others became interested.  That is how my team began to grow.

In December, after the "freeze" of new designers was lifted, I welcomed two members to my team.  One is a local gal {I work with her mother} and the other is a friend of the hostess in Texas.  I am so lucky to have them as part of my team...BUT I am learning as I go along.  I have never "coached" anyone.  I have never really worked in Direct Sales.  I am so lucky to have joined Origami Owl...we are ALL pretty much learning as we go along!!!  I am now a "Leading Designer".  I am excited to see what 2013 has in store for us!!!  

Are you interested in learning more about being part of this amazing company???  Contact me to learn more about our company, my team and how I can help YOU build your business!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment