O2 Banner

O2 Banner

Sunday, February 17, 2013

...take a chance...

Oh my goodness...I have neglected this little blog!!!  Holy Smokes!!!  I have been SO busy!!!

My Origami Owl business has take.n.off. 

I now have a team of SEVEN Designers on my first line, and one of my first line has a Designer on HER team.

I never DREAMED I would have a team.

A team.

I am certainly learning as I go along.  I have been in retail management before, and this is somewhat similar.  I am trying to learn what makes a good mentor, a good leader. 

So far, I am making sure that my team knows that I am here for them.  If I don't know the answers to their questions, I will find the answer.  I will do my best.  Things must be getting a bit better, as I am not as stressed as I was when my team exploded!!!  I hope to touch on topics like effective leadership, and what makes a good mentor, in the future.



I also have my first ad.

Yep. An ad.

I follow a blog {several blogs, actually} that wraps up so much in a neat little package...being a mom, being a wife, being a mother...so much that speaks to me.  The author of this blog is a Disney fan {like me} and that is how we initially connected, through the Disney fan community.  She blogs about weddings {namely, Disney Fairy Tale Weddings} on another page, but I really liked how this blog touches on all aspects of a mom's life.  I stumbled upon the application for the ad, actually.  I hovered over the "about" section, and it took me there...where I noticed sidebar ads were pretty inexpensive.  I thought, what the heck?!?!? 

I haven't checked ad stats, or clicks...it isn't important.  What IS important is that someone took a chance on a girls with some charms and a dream.  Yes, the author of the blog took a chance on running my ad...and I took a chance on joining Origami Owl when I did.

I had no idea what I was getting into, but I am glad I did it!!!

{Dream Big}


No comments:

Post a Comment